Features to look for in a home security camera in Las Cruces
So many homeowners in Las Cruces want to take a look what’s going on at their house when they are not home This is the main reason why security cameras are some of the most effective components to include as you customize your home security system. Although free-standing cameras can be effective when configured correctly, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your residence’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Las Cruces? You’ll be glad to know these critical elements come with more benefits than previous iterations. You can watch real-time footage from indoor cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with built-in deterrents from exterior cameras. You’ll even have immediate access to your surveillance devices with a central touchscreen panel or smartphone app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Las Cruces
Versatile and simple-to-use security cameras will raise your property’s defense to a different level. These vital elements of your home security system may come equipped with an impressive array of features including bi-directional talk, night vision, and mobile access. Review all of the options available to you below.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a surveillance camera that can take immediate action. If strange activity is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright ring of red light will emerge around the camera lens and an audible alert will resonate.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers clear-cut views of your property any time of day. Your cameras will also keep their crisp imaging when zooming in on particular areas.
- Convenient storage: Check for devices with cloud storage functionality and the chance to review clips right from your mobile device app.
- Security app: Today’s surveillance systems in Las Cruces are often paired to a handy app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to view current footage or saved video and even engage or disengage your system. The Vivint App will send a notification to your cell phone when the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors prompts cameras to engage when odd movement occurs. You’ll even get an update on your mobile device.
- Talk to visitors or loved ones: Need to contact your children when they return from school? Do you have a delivery person at your main entry? Today’s home security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way communications so you are able to chat with the people within range of your equipment.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your exterior video cameras should offer an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This feature provides the opportunity to program the exact space you want your camera to supervise. This is important to better define the activity you watch as you don’t necessarily need notifications each time a car drives by on the street.
Configure your own Vivint smart home system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Las Cruces. All that remains is to get started on your custom Vivint smart home. Dial (575) 567-8689 to begin or fill out the form below to engage our security experts.