What should I do when my Las Cruces home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your family – against the many risks you could experience, like theft, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Las Cruces home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm can be shocking, bewildering, and may cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these easy tips.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Las Cruces Triggers
It’s a scenario nobody wants to face, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Take care of your family members. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a burglary, this might involve proceeding to a predetermined safe room as far from access points as possible. Chances are your alarm may have deterred the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you ought to leave your home immediately.
- Remember your phone. These days, most individuals have their cell phones at all times, but you might neglect to take it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Las Cruces goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The guideline they abide by is dependent on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is initiated, one attempt will be made to reach you before first responders are sent out. In the event of an intrusion - the most common sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you through the touchscreen interface. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Las Cruces
Get prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Las Cruces from Vivint. Contact (575) 567-8689 to begin customizing your home’s security today.