What to do to cut down on false alarms in Las Cruces
False alarms are a real concern for a home security system. Not only can they lower the trust you have in your installation, but they might even be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you are able to do some things to reduce false alarms from your Las Cruces home security system.
As the first step, ensure that your devices connected properly. This process may seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that basic user errors trigger false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on likely sources of false alarms, including a back door that may be kept open by accident. And finally, feel free to integrate the various features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Las Cruces.
Might it be really that simple? Read on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Las Cruces are avoidable
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all alarms and sensors are set up appropriately from your end by:
- Performing a system analysis with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically inspect each sensor to ensure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all new smart devices are installed properly and aren't disrupting your system.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Las Cruces system. They'll be happy to send out a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Check your entry points
In the event your system appears to be OK, the subsequent measure is to do a sweep of the house. Are your entries tightly secured, or do you find some mistakenly open? If an entry point remains open, it could activate a sensor. If your household consistently neglects to shut an entrance, you might want to incorporate a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when the alarm is engaged. Unfortunately, windows require more physical effort, particularly if you have someone who prefers to sleep with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while protecting the rest of the house.
Smart home automation can be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Las Cruces
One of the most effective methods to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate automation into your home security system. With your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally unlocking doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm as your smart lock is triggered with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the driveway, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive mobile alerts when your implements detect abnormal movements or need a new battery.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you can operate your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Las Cruces with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (575) 567-8689 or send in the form on this page.