Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Las Cruces smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total command of your Las Cruces home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Las Cruces?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote access and control with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can execute:
- Check live or recorded video from your linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Las Cruces by programming schedules or creating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Las Cruces
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and submit the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Las Cruces smart home. Dial (575) 567-8689 to get started.